Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Bartender Was Very Yummy

A prod from the goodly SquirrleyMojo reminds me that it has been ever so long since my last post.

Life sucks, I'm turning 21, and I'm living at home with Daddy when I should be off trekking through Canada right now. I spent like a year trying to make The Pilgrimage happen, and it looks like it's gonna take me two years to just get back where I left off.

Was it worth it? Mn, ask me again in two years.

My boss asked me out - yes, it's wrong but where do you meet people these days, the grocery store? When you're in school you meet and go out with fellow students, when you're working you meet and go out with coworkers.

We went to The Whiskey - a very stylish and very tiny bar right by the lobby of the Sunset Marquis Hotel - they didn't card me, which is good because I wasn't quite legal yet.

He was nice, we had a really fun conversation. We kissed a bit. He wears the same cologne as my Dad, which was shiver/cringe worthy, let me tell you. He's a good kisser, with a hint of restrained chutzpah - as if he were on good behavior. Which I hope he was!

He was, really.

The whole thing lasted like an hour and a half, and the snogging only lasted like ten minutes, tops. He doesn't really do it for me, he's a bit too professionally driven for my taste. Personally, a job is about making money and paying bills. For him, You Are Your Job. Not so much, in my opinion.

I'm close to moving out and getting my own place, but it might take another month - the girl I want to have as a roomie is going through some shit right now and I don't know if she'll be able to.

Also, I hate catching the bus. Riding the bus I'm fine with, it's all the damned waiting. ETA to getting a car - six months, minimum. Wheeee!

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........TPoL..........Previous Post..........Next Post

1 Comments:

At 1:14 AM , Blogger kthrne said...

Good to have you back!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home