Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Scrubbing Bubbles, Eat My Dust!

I'm still riding the warm glow of my weekend with Peter. He hasn't called since I left on Monday morning, but then I have not called him either. Why do we expect it's the man's job to call? I don't know, it just is.

I've been cleaning Dad's house, earning my keep. He's a decent house cleaner, especially now that he often has Joann over. I came home on Monday afternoon to find them lolling on the couch in their PJs. I called first to make sure the coast was clear. I mean, the whole sex drive thing IS genetic...

I scrubbed the upstairs bathroom - even the ceiling. I actually enjoyed the somehow relaxing domestic chore, how scary is that? What's with those little orange/amber colored droplet looking things that develop on the ceiling of any bathroom with a tub or shower? Soapy precipitates carried and deposited by steam? But the steam should not be carrying any precipitates. Just a funky kind of mold?

A friend called and alerted me to a job in the paper, it's one of those "Entry-Level Marketing Position - Great Opportunity For Advancement!" kinda jobs. I just emailed them my resume, like 10,000 other folks no doubt have done. I'm interested in advertising and marketing, so this might be interesting, even if it doesn't last.

I need to get a new cell phone, new plan, all that crap. That will have to wait till I get a job, of course. Oh, and crap - when I do get a job, I'll be catching a bus. I've been bussing in Los Angeles since I was twelve, so I know my way around, but it's still a pain in the ass.

It's not the riding, it's the waiting for the bus that sucks. Trying to be on time for work after making three transfers. Ok, I'll catch my first bus at 5:33am in order to be on time at 9:00. My 10 speed bike is still in the garage. Get to work all sweaty though. Mebbe a cute little electric Razor Scooter? Nah, I'd get run over and killed.

I can hike the length and breadth of Ack, no worries, and then I'd get hit by a mail truck on the way to work. Greaaat.

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........TPoL..........Previous Post..........Next Post

1 Comments:

At 10:24 PM , Blogger Robin said...

T-Mobile has a really good plan right now--1,000 anytime and free night and weekends :)

Just FYI.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home