Friday, July 15, 2005

Thirstily it Drinks the Lotion

We had a flyer rubber-banded to our doorknob this morning. I laughed a bit and then I cried. I feel for the poor schlub whose job it was to put it there.

You know what I realized today? The problem with lotion is that in 10 minutes, you need to put on more.

It feels so good as you're rubbing it in, but you're spoiling your skin, who's gonna want more attention, and soon. Why can't the dry-skin area just make more oil? My nose doesn't seem to have a problem with that concept.

I finally got around to updating my resume, and sent it out to a couple of dozen places. My experience and skills are kind of scattered, so I don't really qualify for any one thing. Not in an on-paper, this is my career kind of way. I put The Pilgrimage down as product testing, and said I was a Junior Tech. Helpfully vague, I hope.

I have plans to go out with an old friend tonight, Peter. He's actually an old ex, he was my second boyfriend ever, and the first guy I had sex with. He spoiled me something rotten, and I could use a little spoiling right now.

Peter's separated from his girlfriend, who's out of the country on some humanitarian mission. Separated as in, "let's see other people", so we'll see what happens tonight.

Peter's appreciably endowed with social skills and animal prowess where it counts, which is tempting - though I don't know if we'll indulge... Let me just clue in all you boys who have used a ruler to measure your ahem - it's all about girth.

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........TPoL..........Previous Post..........Next Post

5 Comments:

At 11:08 AM , Blogger MC Etcher said...

Girth? Is that some sort of adaptor? :o)

 
At 2:01 PM , Blogger kthrne said...

Use the girth, Luke!

I really don't know why I wanted to say that.

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Maybe a little Girth Brooks will get ye in the mood?

Cheesy I know

I can't beat Kthrne's fer sure

H

 
At 6:02 AM , Blogger shana p. said...

I seem to remember a post about a certain someone wanting to be 'plowed like the north 40'.... hope you had a great night ;)

and it IS all about the girth!

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Kato said...

Mine's like a hockey puck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home