Monday, July 18, 2005

Waffles Be Damned!

Superb weekend!

Friday night with Peter was great. He picked me up at Dad's house (he showed up with a single white carnation - I love those, they're so classy yet understated).

And he'd dressed up, which is rare for him. Peter is one of those California Boys whose wardobe consists of hemp jewelry, shorts, faded t-shirts, and sandals. But he was as stylin in his dress shirt and slacks, and he looked so good. I wore my grey gabardine skirt and a black long-sleeved top.

He took me out to Buca De Beppo, which is a great Italian restaurant. For those of you who've never been, it's airy but busy, it's always bustling with lots of people talking and laughing. There are thousands of photos on the wall, of all sorts of random things, largely Italian or Italian-American themed.

The food is truly excellent, the service is great, the portions are gigantic. I just can't say enough good things about Buca. Oh, and they have a booth in the kitchen itself, where you can eat your meal if you choose, while all the talented artisans get their skill on.

Peter still has the same issues that I originally couldn't stand, (namely his drug use) and I know this is just a great weekend with a nice guy who I'm not going to spend the rest of my life with.

We talked about that at dinner. I didn't want to give him any wrong signals. He understands why we're not together, but I guess it's not important enough for him to stop using. He's improved over the last couple of years, so there might be hope for him yet.

Needless to say, we got stuffed. By the time we stumbled back to his place, we were pretty heady with pasta fatigue. We relaxed on his couch and turned on the tv, but we didn't really watch. We had some wine and relaxed and ended up doing a lot of sweet, slow kissing. It was the tender, warm makeout session you can only have with someone you're very at ease with.


We went to IHOP for lunch and it was all I could do to keep from jumping him right there. Just jumping across the table, syrup flying everywhere, waffles be damned.

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........TPoL..........Previous Post..........Next Post

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM , Blogger Litany said...

Good thing I was very very careful...

 
At 2:43 PM , Blogger Jungle Cruise Joe said...

damn...i wish i was woken up like that...

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger shana p. said...

nice!!! Sounds like a good time....

I'm glad you had a good meal at that restaurant.... when we went there it was horrible, maybe we should give it another try....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home