Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm Alive!

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging, especially after I promised to. Nothing has been going on really. I've been in a funky nonplace for a while now, and I haven't even gotten around to updating my resume, much less submitting it anywhere. Mostly I've been sleeping a lot and eating more. I've gained six pounds since I got back.

I wonder if I could put The Pilgrimage on my resume somehow. Come up with some strong foreign name and pretend it was research. Der Skarsgard Projekt, hmn... I wonder.

All of the team have now returned home from beautiful Ack, they're safe and sound. Church was talking about coming down from Washington State to visit sometime soon. It seems she has some money saved, don't ask me how.

I came home to a small pile of threatening letters, it seems I forgot a few bills. Nothing too freaky, but I want to take care of them as soon as I can. I'm loathe to sell any of my hiking gear, but it might come down to that.

I've been crashing on Dad's couch, though my brother offered to let me stay at his place. But he has a very very active social life and I really don't need to listen to the Headboard Against The Wall sonata every damn night as I try to sleep, thank you no.

Shelly (of bitch fame) has a younger sister, Megan, who just turned 18 and is itching to find a roommate to get her first apartment with. I don't know if I want to do that, since I know her folks pretty well and they'd expect me to make sure she wasn't drinking, dropping acid, and boinking the neighborhood. With a role model like Shelly, I fear for Megan, but I don't want to be her babysitter. If something happened to her on my watch, I'd feel responsible to her folks.

Obviously, I need to get a job before I can think about getting a new apartment. But I know I'm cramping Dad's style living here. He finally gets some freedom, a girlfriend, and then here I come again. I try to stay out from underfoot.

I don't know that I'll be posting daily any more, but at least a few times a week. I've missed you guys! Thanks for all your thoughtful comments and emails and friendship - I'm blessed!

Litany Webb, signing off

TPoL..........Next Post

6 Comments:

At 3:12 PM , Blogger Kato said...

You're back! w00t!

 
At 3:22 PM , Blogger -E said...

Glad to know you're alive. *hug*

 
At 5:18 PM , Blogger Heather said...

And to think that you were almost FingerLICKing good...to me that is. I don't read very carefully. Glad you're back and avoiding being underfoot. Good luck with the job thing. I'd list the Pilgrimmage on your resume for sure - under "Special Interests" ...because it was both special and interesting...

Welcome back

H

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Robin said...

You should super-synopsize your hike--like...how many miles did you walk, what were the most important things you learned etc. In addition to getting a job, of course :)

Good luck and wb!

 
At 12:29 AM , Blogger kthrne said...

Let the blogging begin!

Good to see you back.

 
At 9:52 AM , Blogger shana p. said...

ohhh... I didn't read it carefully, either, but anything to do with lick gets me excited.... but not as excited as the fact that YOU'RE BACK!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home