Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Perspective...

Sitting at a temp agency yesterday, at Ms. Hildebrant's desk waiting for my test results (I kicked ass on Excel, btw) I was listening to the musak and looking at the large, framed pic on her desk.

This is what I saw, this is what was playing.



Ain't Nothin' Like The Real Thing
(Jackson 5)

Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, no, no
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby (Ain't nothin')
Ain't nothin' like the real thing

Ooh, I've got your picture hangin' on my wall
But it can't see or come to me
When I call your name (When I call your name)
I realize it's just a picture in a frame

I read your letters when you're not near
But they don't move me and they don't groove me
Like when I hear (When I'm in your arms)
Your sweet voice whispering in my ear (In my ear)

No other sound
Is quite the same as your name (Quite the same as your name)
No touch can do half as much to make me feel better
So let's stay together

Ooh, I've got memories (Memories) to look back on
Though they help when you're gone
I'm well aware (I'm well aware)
Nothin' can take the place of you being there (Being there)

Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby (Ain't nothin')
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, ooh baby
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby (Ain't nothin')
Ain't nothin' like the real thing

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........TPoL..........Previous Post..........Next Post

5 Comments:

At 7:40 PM , Blogger shana p. said...

that is so funny..... and so surreal in that environment. I would have kept giggling to myself uncontrollably.

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

freaky . . .

 
At 12:27 PM , Blogger Vicarious Living said...

THAT is too good.... I probably would have peed my pants laughing right there, or else been hypnotized by the possibility of it all.

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

are you dead?!

 
At 9:13 PM , Blogger Vicarious Living said...

Does God hate your computer too?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home