Tuesday, October 11, 2005

CARE Packages

We signed the lease for our apartment!! By 'we' I mean Anna and myself, sorry. Anna is a friend from my college days, and she has a real-life...uh, Life now. A degree and a real job. That's what happens when you stay in school, boys and girls.

Anna's fiancee is in Saudi Arabia right now, and will be for the next year or so, and she needed a place.

We got a really cool apartment in Redondo Beach, which as you might guess, is near the ocean. You can walk to the seaside in about fifteen minutes, or less than five minutes by car. No view of the water, sadly - there's a big hill in the way.

Since my date recently with the boss, he's been asking me to go out again, and I've been inventing excuses not to go... But he offered to help me move into my new apartment, and I'm tempted. But that would be wrong, to use the fact that he likes me to get free help moving.

I don't need that much help, not having much stuff. Since I sold most of it before the hike, I don't have too much crap to schlep - mostly clothes and books and CDs.

Anna's really stressed out about her man being overseas in such a hazardous area, and I would be too. I mean, it's gonna be a 'living in fear' situation until he gets back safe and sound. I think I have a cousin - Laura - in Kuwait, but they're not near any fighting, it's Admin stuff.

Dad sent her a box of goodies a while back, and is prepping another one. I'm trying to think of something good to add. Maybe a few books, a GameBoy Micro and a few games? Laura said they just sit around bored when not on duty.

Do you know anyone serving overseas? Send em a care package!!

Litany Webb, signing off

Jump to Start..........TPoL..........Previous Post..........Next Post

4 Comments:

At 8:51 PM , Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

hey? where's my comment?

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Litany said...

right where you left it... it's a few posts back.

You don't think I'd delete your comment, do you?

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Vicarious Living said...

have you considered updating every once in a while

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger Laziest Girl said...

So I come to visit and not only are you not home, there is unclaimed mail in the box and local newspapers littering the lawn! Are you back soon?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home